Under partnership with the Japan Electronics and Information Technology Industries Association (JEITA), the organizer of "CEATEC JAPAN 2012" which was held from October 2 to 6 at Makuhari Messe, the 3D Consortium installed a "3D Consortium corner" in the exhibition booth of JEITA for promotion of 3D. The activities of the 3D Consortium were introduced, panels for introduction of the "3DC Safety Guidelines" which were jointly prepared with JEITA and the Advanced Industrial Science and Technologies were presented and a joint exhibition with four members of the 3D Consortium was conducted.
The number of visitors to the exhibition was 162,219 persons in total over 5 days (according to the organizers).
[Members Exhibited at the 3D Consortium corner]
* I-O Data Device, Inc.
"A joint exhibition of the naked eye 3D display manufactured by I-O Data Device and the 3D system by Lucina 'LIF-80HD'"
The system can record independent images for the right eye and the left eye by using an HD camera installed on a surgical microscope and can output the images in 3D (Side By Side format) at the same time. It can play recorded 3D images of a surgery on a notebook PC and can show the same images on a 3D naked eye display which enables studying of the operation whenever and wherever we would like.
* Newsight Japan Ltd.
(1) "42-inch lenticular lens based naked eye 3D display (prototype)" (2) "24-inch lenticular lens based naked eye 3D display (mass production model)" - A new product by using a fast lens
* Panasonic Corporation
"Demonstrations of 3D images recorded during the Olympic Games in London" and "Exhibition of a 3D camera recorder for production"
- Demonstrations of the first 3D broadcast of the opening ceremony and competition in the history of the Olympic Games by using a twin-lens 3D camera recorder with a consolidated lens.
- Exhibition of a 3D camera recorder for production (AG-3DP1) and a memory card portable recorder (AG-HPD24).
* Toshiba Corporation
(1) "REGZA 55Z7 - TV supporting 3D glass with polarized filters" - A stylishly designed TV supporting high resolution 3D which achieves higher realism, time shift machines and cloud services (released in October 2012).
(2) "Glasses-free 3D AV notebook PC T852" - A high performance notebook PC which enables displaying 3D contents without glasses.
* The Mechanical Social Systems Foundation (exhibition of catalogs)
* Fujiwara-Rothchild, Ltd. (exhibition of brochures)