During 2009, 3D movies produced in Hollywood captured the box office and expectations of the 3D business gathered steam represented by several manufacturers' announcement for releasing products handling 3D. To handle such movement, the need for more consideration of safety and standardization of 3D increased.
Under such circumstances, the 3D Consortium, which has been continuing its commitment to enhance the safety of 3D, organized special seminars in cooperation with Panasonic Corporation between November 2009 and March 2010 for persons in the movie industry and creators of images about how to produce safe and eye-friendly 3D images.
(1) November 20, 2009, (2) December 21, 2009, (3) February 5, 2010, and (4) March 16, 2010
* Titles of lectures and lecturers
(1) "For creation of safe 3D images with less visual fatigue"
Mr. Masaki Emoto, NHK Science & Technology Research Laboratories (human/information science)
(2) "How to create eye-friendly 3D images"
Mr. Kuniaki Izumi, Stereo D
(3) "Introduction of the 3DC Safety Guidelines and how to effectively use these guidelines"
Mr. Shigeru Chiba, leader of the Safety Guidelines Sub-Committee